Spring Symposium March 10
Odessa Memorial Hall, Main Street Odessa, DE
Register today for the Spring Symposium from NAIFA, SFSP, and DAHU. This meeting has been shortened slightly to get you out of your seats and back on the road to head home or the office for the rest of your day. We are filing for 6 CEs (incl. 1 ethics, and 1 LTC) and plan to finish up by 3:30. Please invite colleagues from your office. First-time NAIFA DE guests are free. Returning guests (fee applies). We are excited to share the new NAIFA experience as well as continue to share the NAIFA commitment to advocate, educate, and differentiate within the industry.
Speaker lineup and topics are in the process of getting populated below.
Happy Hour – April 23
Join SFSP at their post-tax season Happy Hour
Open to all industry professionals and friends. come out and mingle with peers at Twin Lakes Brewing Co. at 5 PM. 405 Marsh Lane #7 Newport, DE. This is a pay-your-way event and no registration is necessary.
Day in the Hall - Originally scheduled for April 29, this meeting will be rescheduled for the Fall.
Frazier's Restaurant, Dover, DE
The Political Action Committee of NAIFA Delaware will host the Day in the Hall on April 29 beginning at 11:30 AM at Frazier's Restaurant in Dover. After lunch members will walk over to the Hall to meet with Legislators. NAIFA members are strongly encouraged to attend this important lunch meeting. This event is FREE to NAIFA members!
- Come and get connected to influential people in our community. NAIFA members are in the business of meeting people, and who better to introduce you to people in your community than your local Senator or Representative?
- Be proud of your industry and what it does for people! 100M+ families in this country alone rely on some type of insurance or investment-related product. Show up and show that off!
- Have a say in the laws that get passed. If you make a connection with these legislative leaders, they will reach out to you for advice before they potentially put through legislation that can hurt our industry.
Congressional Conference May 19–20
- The largest legislative event in the insurance & financial services industry celebrates 130 years of its federal and state advocacy programs.
- NAIFA members representing communities from all 50 states will gather in Washington, D.C., for NAIFA's eighth annual Congressional Conference at the Marriott Renaissance DC Downtown, Washington, D.C. An easy train-ride away!
- NAIFA's Congressional Conference is the premier advocacy event for insurance and financial professionals that includes the industry's largest Washington, D.C., fly-in. More than 800 financial professionals attended last year's Congressional Conference and participated in meetings with more than 90% of congressional offices.
- The first day of the Congressional Conference will feature an issues briefing by NAIFA's expert Government Relations team headed by Senior Vice President Diane Boyle and presentations by members of Congress Tom Souzzi (D-NY) and Tom Reed (R-NY). The Capitol Hill office visits on May 20 allow financial professionals to develop and maintain relationships with the elected officials and discuss issues important to producers, the industry, and consumers.
- In meetings with members of Congress and staff, Congressional Conference attendees will also educate lawmakers on the crucial role financial professionals play in providing consumers with financial literacy, risk protection, retirement preparation, and legacy planning.
- "Political advocacy is the key way that NAIFA members support their industry, promote their own career success, and serve the interests of their clients," said NAIFA CEO Kevin Mayeux.
Spring Professional Development Meeting - June 16 9-11 AM
New this year - your local chapter of NAIFA Delaware is adding ways for you to network, learn from industry leaders, and grow your practice. Mark your calendars as you'll want to attend this great opportunity. Bill Cates, CSP, CPAE, Referral Coach and Author of Radical Relevance will be presenting. This event will be held in New Castle County. Introduction video from Bill Cates (click here)
- Great opportunity to hear from a leading coach for FREE (NAIFA DE members).
- Mark your calendar and register. Space is limited for this session.
- Over the last 25 years, Bill has helped thousands of individuals and companies cultivate exponential growth in their businesses through referrals, introductions from advocates, and more compelling marketing messaging.
National Performance + Purpose Boston October 1–4
NAIFA DE Fall Symposium October 13
Save the Date as your NAIFA Board finalizes the details.